Help - Table Problems

Shahid Juma

Hi,

I have some problems with tables. I have been doing this for a while but I
can't seem to figure this one out. If you look at:
http://www.uptownhealthcentre.com/uptownhealth.html

You will notice breaks within the images. If I open this file in a HTML
editor (Dreamweaver), it looks perfectly fine. I have put background images
on where the image should stretch (right at the bottom), but no luck. Any
body have
any ideas?

Thanks!
Shahid
(remove NOSPAM from the email address when replying to my email address)

Els

Shahid said:
Hi,

I have some problems with tables. I have been doing this for a while but I
can't seem to figure this one out. If you look at:
http://www.uptownhealthcentre.com/uptownhealth.html

You will notice breaks within the images. If I open this file in a HTML
editor (Dreamweaver), it looks perfectly fine. I have put background images
on where the image should stretch (right at the bottom), but no luck. Any
body have
any ideas?

It's because of al the <p>&nbsp;</p> in the
Take those out, and the gaps disappear.
Paragraphs (<p>) have margins by default, and 20 paragraphs
with their margins have too much height together. So the 13

Shahid Juma

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have put those <p></p> just temporarily. I am gogin to have content which
is going to extend beyond the allowable before stretching so I was trying to
see how it looks with empty paragraphs. Is there any other way?

Shahid said:
I have put those <p></p> just temporarily. I am gogin to have content which
is going to extend beyond the allowable before stretching so I was trying to
see how it looks with empty paragraphs. Is there any other way?

So what do you want to happen to the images on the left when
you put the content in the middle?
It will have to break somewhere, right?

Shahid Juma

Hi,

Basically all the images should be together (ex. www.uptownrehab.com),
although this example just has content that will ensure it doesn't get
broken up

So for what I want now, the images will all be together and there is a small
image at the left side right at the bottom which will be a common one and I
have put that as the background and so it would stretch.

Shahid

Els

Shahid said:
Basically all the images should be together (ex. www.uptownrehab.com),
although this example just has content that will ensure it doesn't get
broken up

If the visitors don't enlarge their font-size, you mean.
So for what I want now, the images will all be together and there is a small
image at the left side right at the bottom which will be a common one and I
have put that as the background and so it would stretch.

Basically you want the td's with the picture in it to stay
their correct size, while the last one would be allowed to
stretch as much as needed, using a repeated background gif.
I don't know how to do that. It's easy in Firefox, but IE
will divide the available height over the td's.

I find it's easy using CSS though, but I'm not sure if you
are ready to ditch tables :)

Shahid Juma

I find it's easy using CSS though, but I'm not sure if you
are ready to ditch tables :)

At this point I am about ready to do anything. I looked at CSS? How would
that be done? Do you have an example of one that is similar to what I want?

Thanks,
Shahid

Els

Shahid said:
At this point I am about ready to do anything. I looked at CSS? How would
that be done? Do you have an example of one that is similar to what I want?

I have a simplified page on my own site:
http://locusmeus.com/html-css/simple.html, which shows the
basic structure. The rest of the site is a little bit more
complicated, but what you want isn't all that difficult.

Various CSS instructions and ideas can be found in this list:
http://locusmeus.com/list.html

And this one shows how to let the text flow with the edge of
the images, which you might like too:
http://meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/curvelicious/demo.html

Shahid Juma

I have a simplified page on my own site:
http://locusmeus.com/html-css/simple.html, which shows the
basic structure. The rest of the site is a little bit more
complicated, but what you want isn't all that difficult.

Various CSS instructions and ideas can be found in this list:
http://locusmeus.com/list.html

And this one shows how to let the text flow with the edge of
the images, which you might like too:
http://meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/curvelicious/demo.html

Thank you for your help. I will try it out!

Shahid

Mabden

Els said:
want?

I have a simplified page on my own site:
http://locusmeus.com/html-css/simple.html, which shows the
basic structure. The rest of the site is a little bit more
complicated, but what you want isn't all that difficult.

Various CSS instructions and ideas can be found in this list:
http://locusmeus.com/list.html

And this one shows how to let the text flow with the edge of
the images, which you might like too:
http://meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/curvelicious/demo.html

Cool. Slantastic has problems in IE6, as well as IE5 as mentioned on the
site.

http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/slantastic/demo.html