    of user I could think of and given them read/write access. These users
    included me, IUSR, NETWORK, Machine\Users, etc...

    What can I do to allow write access to files in this folder?

    moondaddy, Apr 16, 2004

  2. moondaddy

    moondaddy Guest

    I found it, but it doesnt seem right. I assigned read/write access to the
    user account MACHINE\ASPNET, but I had to assign full control to it and not
    just read/write.

    moondaddy, Apr 16, 2004

  3. Hi Moondaddy,

    Yes, by default(if we don't use impersonate,) the asp.net application will
    run under the workerprocess acount which can be set in the machine.config's
    <processModel> element. By default, the workerprocess account is
    Machine\aspnet or NetworkService(in IIS6 on W2K3 Server).
    So we need to grant proper permissions for them when encountered some
    general secuirty issues. Here is a certain kb article discussing on the
    asp.net security overview:

    #INFO: ASP.NET Security Overview
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=306590

    Hope also helps. Thanks.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    Get Preview at ASP.NET whidbey

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Apr 17, 2004
  4. Hi Moondaddy,

    Have you had a chance to check out the suggestions in my last reply or have
    you got any further ideas on this issue? If you have anything unclear or if
    there're anything else we can help, please feel free to post here. Thanks.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Apr 21, 2004