    been looking for about a year and drawn a complete blank!

    Does anyone have any recommendations for where I shoudl be looking??

    Thanks!

    AndrewRT, Dec 6, 2006

  2. AndrewRT

    Tips Guest

    You should be able to get it done for $1000. If no one replies here you
    could try the web design directories like MarketingTool.com. Many
    designers list themselves in those directories.

    Tips, Dec 6, 2006

  3. AndrewRT

    Arccos Guest

    I think you need to rethink your budget. I usually looked to charge
    about 60 USD an hour for my services for a one-time, low budget build.
    That will get you about 17 hours of work. That's 2 days of work in
    total to finish your entire web presence, which really isn't enough
    time.

    In reality, what you're asking for is:

    1. An initial meeting with the client to assess needs
    2. A second meeting with the client to determine content for the site
    3. Initial rough draft layout for website
    4. Conversion of graphics/logos for website
    5. Design of additional graphics for website
    6. Insertion of graphics into rough draft
    7. Approval of client for continuation with rough draft
    8. Insertion of text into website (provided by client)
    9. Design of custom programming (your enquiry form)
    10. Final approval of website
    11. Final touchups to website
    12. Registration of domain name
    13. Setup of hosting
    14. Setup of email addresses
    15. Training for client on operation and management of website (if I'm
    not managing)
    16. Submission of website to search engines

    There's a little bit that can be trimmed down, but not much. No client
    has ever accepted the first rough draft as is, so there's also
    additional work there.

    I would estimate for a $1000 budget, I could maybe do a three page site
    with no custom scripting. And I would probably use a template, rather
    than a custom layout. That's not an offer (I don't do independent
    design any more), just an estimate of what I would be able to do for
    that much.

    If you get someone to take the job for 1000 USD, be sure to check their
    references. :) Someone just getting started may take it, though. Good
    luck!

    Arccos, Dec 7, 2006
  4. AndrewRT

    Purpleink

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Website Project

    Purpleink - The Website Designer and Creative Solutions People - We are based in London, England.

    We are a brand new inspired media venture with bright ideas. Flexibility is the most important thing to us, including price to suit your budget and making sure you succeed.

    Our aim is to create cutting edge design with a flexible and friendly approach.

    We work with every customer on a personal level to ensure you get the right package to suit your requirements

    Full advice can be given on what you require, re-branding, marketing and advertising ideas and even how to enhance brand awareness.

    We use an array of techniques and are very adaptable, our passion is to make any website, design or event to maximise you're potential to the client you are targeting.

    We want you to be a success and as happy as possible with us

    Contact me on purpleink @ sbcompanies.co.uk OR info @ sbcompanies.co.uk (no spaces before and after the "@" sign) so we can discuss your project further

    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
    Purpleink, Aug 10, 2012
  5. AndrewRT

    Deiondd

    Joined:
    May 21, 2014
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    IM A WEBSITE DESIGNER/CREATOR

    If you're still looking for someone to assist you with creating you own website email me at Deion.d @ icloud.com PRICES ARE AT THERE LOWEST RIGHT NOW

    Deiondd, May 21, 2014
  6. AndrewRT

    DavidL10

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2016
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I AM A WEBSITE DESIGNER/CREATOR
    Hello Andrew, Hopefully you found someone to do a website for you, but If you have not, I may be available. I am a beginner but I know the basics. I live in America not in Europe though. Maybe we can work something out. Just email me at websitecreator19 @ gmail.com. I also have a beginner website, but I am still working on it. http://dlateef10.wix.com/planetsnakes Yes I use wix because I am a beginner. Hopefully we can work something out. :D

    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    DavidL10, Jun 23, 2016