Help with applet rendering in IE

kempshall

I have an applet that Internet Explorer sometimes mis-renders. It's
supposed to open a new JFrame that contains a JPanel and a generic
Component. Sometimes IE renders the GUI correctly, but sometimes it
only draws the JPanel inside the JFrame and it draws the Component in
the applet's space on the web page. I've noticed that when I go to
Tools --> Internet Options and delete all my Temporary Internet Files,
IE renders the applet correctly if I load the page immediately
afterwards. I also noticed that when IE renders the applet correctly,
the space allotted to the applet on the web page is gray; when IE
renders the applet incorrectly, the applet space on the web page is
white and a border appears when I move my cursor over it.

Has this happened to anybody else, and does anyone know what I can do
about it? Thanks.

Dag Sunde

kempshall said:
I have an applet that Internet Explorer sometimes mis-renders. It's
supposed to open a new JFrame that contains a JPanel and a generic
Component. Sometimes IE renders the GUI correctly, but sometimes it
only draws the JPanel inside the JFrame and it draws the Component in
the applet's space on the web page. I've noticed that when I go to
Tools --> Internet Options and delete all my Temporary Internet Files,
IE renders the applet correctly if I load the page immediately
afterwards. I also noticed that when IE renders the applet correctly,
the space allotted to the applet on the web page is gray; when IE
renders the applet incorrectly, the applet space on the web page is
white and a border appears when I move my cursor over it.

Has this happened to anybody else, and does anyone know what I can do
about it? Thanks.

It might be this:

Work-around:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../author/dhtml/overview/activating_activex.asp