Help with CSS Layout

Sybren Stuvel

Alan Cole enlightened us with:
What I'd like to know is how to get the footer to be positioned
below all three columns whichever one of them happens to be the
longest.

I don't have a direct answer for you. What you do need to do, though,
is get rid of all the pixel sizes. You also set heights etc.
explicitly, even though you can't know those in advance. This makes
the layout look rather messy. There is at least one element with two
heights set in the same CSS rule. You also set font-size: 100% in
places where this isn't needed. Write clean and proper CSS, and your
browser will be a lot friendlier to you.

Sybren

Alan Cole

King of Red Lions said:
Nested divs! Try putting all your 3 column divs inside another div.

I tried that earlier and it didn't work... I'm sure I'm making this
difficult for myself somewhere and the answer is really pretty straight
forward.

Al.

Barbara de Zoete

I tried that earlier and it didn't work... I'm sure I'm making this
difficult for myself somewhere and the answer is really pretty straight
forward.

I seem not to be able to find your original post, so I'm not really sure
as to what the effect is you're after. Even so, I've tried and put up a
small test page at
<http://home.wanadoo.nl/b.de.zoete/_test/3-columns-foot.html>

See if that is of any help for your problem. BTW: didn't valid

Barbara de Zoete

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 20:17:28 +0100, Barbara de Zoete

<hits herself in the head />

<talks out loud>
'stupid stupid'
< />

<mea culpa />

I'm sorry for the attachment in the previous post. I never meant that
thing to be sent here. Been clumsy with mouse.