Help with detailsView insert

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by sim18, May 7, 2013.

  1. sim18

    sim18

    Joined:
    May 7, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi all, thanks in advance.

    I have a DetailsView1 and when I press the insert button the records get added to my database and the fields all turn blank.

    My question is when I click on insert is there a way to navigate to a confirmation page that displays "thanks you have submitted" or something similar?

    When I double click on the DeatialsView I have tried adding both:

    Code (Text):
    protected void DetailsView1_PageIndexChanging(object sender, DetailsViewPageEventArgs e)
        {
            Response.Redirect(success.aspx);
        }

        protected void DetailsView1_ItemInserted(object sender, DetailsViewInsertedEventArgs e)
        {
            Response.Redirect(success.aspx);
        }
    None of these however work