Help with JS and IE

Vic Baron

Looking for some help or direction to a forum more appropriate - although I
am a programmer, I do NOT write JS or Java programs. However, I used a free
JS slideshow on a website and have been very happy with it. Recently I was
sent some pix on a CD which were taken by a Sony digital camera and
processed on a MAC.

I can view the pix on the CD or on copies. I can view the pix with IE with
no problem. I created a test webpage with the JS and the pix stored
locally - no problem - sideshow works as expected. Embed a pix in the
webpage and upload. View the page online - no problem. Try to view the
slideshow online - no pix display!!!
If I just put links to the online pix - they display fine - it just seems
that the JS ( when online ) does not display the pix. Remember, viewing the
page locally works!

No firewalls, jpg file is associated with IE, Java permissions are low.

I noticed, by looking at properties, that the file type( jpg) is UNKNOWN for
those files from the cd. If I mix other jpg's in the list, they display fine
but the "cd" files do not. Looking at the headers, the jpg files that
display start with JFIF and the cd files start with ExiF - They are
different exchange formats but "should be compatible -as given by the fact
that I can view them locally.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here? BTW, I've tried viewing
from several different systems - no luck.

If this isn't the right forum - please point me in the right direction. I
have emailed the author of the JS but have yet to get a response.

Thanx,

Vic Baron