Hierarchical DropDownList

Guest

Hi misters,

I need to implement Hierarchical DropDownList , like this

Option Parent 1
Option Child 1
Option Child 2
Option Parent 2
Option Child 1
Option Child 2

The user cannot select parent option, only child.

Any help, sample code will be very grateful.

Thanks in advance., best regards, greetings.

Guest

Hi misters,

I need to implement Hierarchical DropDownList , like this

Option Parent 1
Option Child 1
Option Child 2
Option Parent 2
Option Child 1
Option Child 2

The user cannot select parent option, only child.

Any help, sample code will be very grateful.

Thanks in advance., best regards, greetings.

--http://www.alhambra-eidos.es/web2005/index.htmlwww.kiquenet.netwww.trabajobasura.com/solusoft

If your parent groups may not be nested, you can use <OPTGROUP>
element within a <SELECT>

<SELECT>
<OPTGROUP LABEL="Option Parent 1">
<OPTION>Option Child 1</OPTION>
<OPTION>Option Child 2</OPTION>
</OPTGROUP>
<OPTGROUP LABEL="Option Parent 2">
</OPTGROUP>
</SELECT>

The DropDownList control doesn't support that option, but you can
override it...
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/DropDownListOptionGroup.asp

Hope this helps