Highlighting selected level 1 and level 2 menu items

Guest

Hi,
I'm using two menu controls. One is displayed at the top of the page. The
other menu is displayed on the left side using a single site map. The top
menu is for displaying level 1. The left menu is for displaying level 2.
These are all displaying just fine. That is when a menu item is selected on
the top, left menu reflects the submenu for the selected item. The only
problem I'm having is to get the top menu to have a highlighted status. Right
now, only the left menu has the highlighted status.

Does anyone know of a proper way to have both menu items highlighted at
the same time?

-Jeff

Thomas Hansen

Hi,
I'm using two menu controls. One is displayed at the top of the page. The
other menu is displayed on the left side using a single site map. The top
menu is for displaying level 1. The left menu is for displaying level 2.
These are all displaying just fine. That is when a menu item is selected on
the top, left menu reflects the submenu for the selected item. The only
problem I'm having is to get the top menu to have a highlighted status. Right
now, only the left menu has the highlighted status.

Does anyone know of a proper way to have both menu items highlighted at
the same time?

[snip]

In general terms I'd consider you looking into ScriptAculous for any
types of effects.
ScriptAculous has stuff like "Effect.Blind, Effect.Shake" etc.
It also builds on top of prototype which has stuff like
"Element.addClassName" etc.
Normally that's how _any_ menu system would do such a thing (change the
class name
for the "highlighted menu")

How the Menu in VS works regarding highlighting I wouldn't know, mostly
because I wouldn't use it.
Mostly because more or less all other menu systems are by far better
then the one embedded in VS...
There's on in http://ajaxwidgets.com which also doesn't think you're
redirecting (by default) but rather will
be handled as a normal Ajax Request in the event handler for
MenuClicked from which you can do
whatever pleases you like for instance showing, hiding panels, windows,
DateTimePickers etc...

..t