Home is my nemesis.

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by George Hester, Oct 8, 2004.

  1. The following link I have worked on so that it works and looks as I have designed it in IE 5, 5.5 and 6.0

    I got some help on this both here and in projectseven.com. Thanks to those that didn't even know they helped.

    Here is the last issue and one I think I have basically fixed. You won't see my fix here (it's not pretty) but
    you can see the issue here:

    http://tinyurl.com/5uj6w

    If you use the slider to increase the image (blank) size so that a horizontal scroll appears in your browser
    window and then scrollLeft the top and bottom nav divs will go along for the ride. That's what I wanted.

    Now resizse the window so that the top nav div puts the home icon behind the slider. Now all he#*@ breaks loose. For if you scrollLeft in this case it will just keep scrolling and scrolling and scrolling...

    Not good. I think the trouble is setTimeout and the fact that scrollLeft has a range of possible values. Note this
    ONLY happens when the Home icon is behind the slider. Home is my nemesis.

    So my question is this. How many setTimeouts can I have safely running in one page? Is one too many? Four
    too many? The reason I ask is because the fix I have for this issue uses another setTimeout and I think maybe I
    shouldn't do that. Thanks.

    Pardon me if the link sometimes doesn't work. That's because I redirect to 127.0.0.1 sometimes when my
    bandwidth gets too much traffic. Thanks again.

    George Hester, Oct 8, 2004