Horizontal Scroll Bars in IE6

Andrew

Hi,

I am having immense frustration with 2 pages that demonstrate
horizontal scroll bars in Internet Explorer 6. The pages are:

http://www.andrews-corner.org/ancient_greek.html
http://www.andrews-corner.org/web_publishing.html

(BTW the content is not complete on both pages!) The culprits appear
to be some div boxes in the main #Content box that I am using to
enclose material. With these removed the scroll bar vanishes.

The offending boxes are currently:

..codebox {
border:1px dashed black;
color:#000000; background:#F0F0F0;
margin: .5em .5em 1em 1em;
padding:.75em;
}

#homerbox {
border: 1px solid black;
color:black; background:#FFFFE6 url(images/red_pin.gif)
no-repeat top right;
margin: .5em 1em;
padding: 0em .75em;
}
Any help will be gratefully received!

Andrew.

[...]

Hi Andrew :)

Ok so on closer examination it seems to be a width issue of the
boxes. I had assumed if I left the width of the divs out they would
simply expand to fill the containing div?

Sod it, I am taking the dog for a walk!!!

Andrew.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Andrew said:
Hi Andrew :)

It's ok if you talk to yourself...
Ok so on closer examination it seems to be a width issue of the
boxes. I had assumed if I left the width of the divs out they would
simply expand to fill the containing div?

Sod it, I am taking the dog for a walk!!!

Fetch him a bone.

BootNic

Andrew said:
[...]

I would have thought it was your:

#content margin: 1em 5% 1em 5%;

An alternative method could be:

margin: 1em auto 1em auto;
width:90%;

Andrew

snip.......................

I would have thought it was your:

#content margin: 1em 5% 1em 5%;

An alternative method could be:

margin: 1em auto 1em auto;
width:90%;

Hi BootNic,

If you were anywhere close I would kiss you on both cheeks!! I have
changed the CSS as you suggested and all is now well.

Thanks,

Andrew.