Hosting web app from pc

Jimmy

Hi

I am trying to let other people access my asp.net app through the internet.
Besides from any security issues i have tried this but other people cannot
reach my site. The url I want to be accessed is
:http://myip/myaspnetapp.aspx

ch Jim

-XP pro
-.net 1.1
-zonealarm 5.5.062.011

Jw Vriesman

Just maybe a shot in the wild but.

Are you sure zonealarm allows acces to your http-port:80

Jan Willem

Jimmy

no idea? how do you manage this?

Jim
Jw Vriesman said:
Just maybe a shot in the wild but.

Are you sure zonealarm allows acces to your http-port:80

Jan Willem

Norman Yuan

I a bit hesitate to ask, are you talking your website hosted publicly or on
a computer in your own private network?

Jimmy

it's a computer in my own network
Jim
Norman Yuan said:
I a bit hesitate to ask, are you talking your website hosted publicly or on
a computer in your own private network?

Norman Yuan

So, is the IP is a publci IP? The Internet users can only see your network
if your network has a public IP. You need to talk to your ISP, or most
likely and viable solution is to host your website (and the ASP.NET project)
with a ISP. It is not a .NET issue, rather it is network issue.

Rob Nicholson

no idea? how do you manage this?

You need to do some background reading on firewalls, routers, port
forwarding and static versus dynamic IP addresses.

No one single answer IMHO.

Cheers, Rob.