Hotmail Rich Text Editing

rick.huby

Does anyone know how microsoft have put in the fancy text editing tool
into Hotmail? The one so that you can create lists and embolden text
as if it were MS Word but then translates it into some level of HTML or
RTF for representation on screen and then in the email itsefl too?

I assume they do it through some sort of Javascript but I cannot fathom
how they do it (its not a textarea that is being used I'm sure of that
at least). Is it ActiveX?

It would be a fantastic thing to be able to include in my own website
developments but I have absoultely no idea how they do it.

Anyone got any ideas where you would start?

rick.huby

Wow! I have to say thats some amazing stuff out there.

Thanks alot guys - that really, really helps me.