How can I access Microsoft com in java ?

Bo Yang

Hi ,
In a program I am now writing for windows XP , I need some function
from Microsoft component such as Excel and the mini Drawing
application . Could anybody tell me is there a java library with
comprihensive document dedicated to COM communication ?
Thanks in advance !

Steffen

Hi ,
In a program I am now writing for windows XP , I need some function
from Microsoft component such as Excel and the mini Drawing
application . Could anybody tell me is there a java library with
comprihensive document dedicated to COM communication ?
Thanks in advance !

AFAIK SWT also comes with a com bridge. This may be interesting for you
if your'e writing an swt app.

regards
-s.

alexr

Bo said:
Hi ,
In a program I am now writing for windows XP , I need some function
from Microsoft component such as Excel and the mini Drawing
application . Could anybody tell me is there a java library with
comprihensive document dedicated to COM communication ?
Thanks in advance !

The best I have used was from http://j-integra.intrinsyc.com/ . It will
generate the stubs for calling word functionality so that you don't
have to get all too involved with internals of the active-x, com
libraries. They are not free though, but may be well worth it.

http://www.jdbcpersistence.org Fast Database Persistence

alexr

alexr said:
The best I have used was from http://j-integra.intrinsyc.com/ . It will
generate the stubs for calling word functionality so that you don't
have to get all too involved with internals of the active-x, com
libraries. They are not free though, but may be well worth it.

http://www.jdbcpersistence.org Fast Database Persistence

Just realized that this "calling word functionality " should read
"calling active-x/com application" functionality.

Cheers!