how can I add .txt files or .pdf files at runtime in my ASP.NETproject

sethia.prashant

Dear programmers/Developers,

I'm developing a website of e-Learning, I have finished approx 50% of
my project, now I'm getting problem.

My website will be accessed by three type of users.
1. Student
2. Faculty
3. Administrator

All must have user ID and password to access that website.

problem:
Admin can add,edit and delete courses runtime. So I have to provide
such interface by which admin can add course files which will be
in .txt, .pdf, .html format.

Please tell me how can I add these files at runtime and where should I
store these files....

Jayakrishnan

Dear programmers/Developers,

I'm developing a website of e-Learning, I have finished approx 50% of
my project, now I'm getting problem.

My website will be accessed by three type of users.
1. Student
2. Faculty
3. Administrator

All must have user ID and password to access that website.

problem:
Admin can add,edit and delete courses runtime. So I have to provide
such interface by which admin can add course files which will be
in .txt, .pdf, .html format.

Please tell me how can I add these files at runtime and where should I
store these files....

You can use the upload concept and role based authentication. Give
permissions to the folder in web.config file as follows.

<location path="UploadFolder/Files">
<system.web>
<authorization>
<allow roles="Admin"/>
<deny users="*"/>
</authorization>
</system.web>
</location>

On upload click. You just check a condition before uploading files.

If Context.User.IsInRole("Admin") Then
End If

thats all.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

--
Regards,
JAYAKRISHNAN V,

sethia4u

You can use the upload concept and role based authentication. Give
permissions to the folder in web.config file as follows.

<location path="UploadFolder/Files">
        <system.web>
                <authorization>
                        <allow roles="Admin"/>
                        <deny users="*"/>
                </authorization>
        </system.web>
</location>

On upload click. You just check a condition before uploading files.

If Context.User.IsInRole("Admin") Then
End If

thats all.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

--
Regards,
JAYAKRISHNAN V,
TECHNOLOGY GROUP.
iInterchange Systems Pvt. Ltd.,
Chennai-40- Hide quoted text -

can u tell me ur cell no. so that i can contact u?
I like ur way in which u tell me ur suggetions...

thanx

Jayakrishnan

sethia4u said:
can u tell me ur cell no. so that i can contact u?
I like ur way in which u tell me ur suggetions...

thanx

Thanks, I m available online most of the time.