how can i get the text of entry in TK?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by slaughter, Nov 7, 2008.

  1. slaughter

    slaughter Guest

    hi everyone!
    I want to get the text of entry in TK,when run the script,I input
    the value "test" in the entry,but click the button "get",It just show
    the value "Null",not the value "test" which is except.
    what is the wrong? the script is as below:

    require 'tk'

    root=TkRoot.new{
    title "getValue"
    }

    var=TkVariable.new
    a=TkEntry.new(root){
    text=var
    grid 'row'=>1,'column'=>1
    }

    TkButton.new(root){
    text "get"
    grid 'row'=>3,'column'=>1
    command{
    puts a.cget('text')

    Tk.mainloop

    slaughter, Nov 7, 2008

  2. slaughter

    slaughter Guest

    I have resolve as this :)

    slaughter, Nov 7, 2008

  3. Here is a working example.

    http://ruby.about.com/od/tk/ss/widgets_6.htm

    You used the method cget, I believe the correct method is value.

    Michael Morin, Nov 7, 2008