How can I integrate Win32 extensions into "python.org"

Joined
Nov 14, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello Python's friends,

I have installed a python2.3.4 and want to use win32 extensions (i.e. win32api library) that ActivePython provide. I have copied "pywin32.pth", "win32\win32api.pyd", and folders "win32\lib", "pythonwin" from ActivePython2.3 into "site-packages" (even all of the files in "site-packages" of AcitvePython were copied into "site-packages" of python.org), and such directories were added to sys.path as well. But while loading the script it can not find the win32api lib yet.

Does anybody know how can be easily done except install an ActivePython? :p

But if I have installed the ActivePython once on my PC, then uninstalled it and install normal python again, I just need to copy "pywin32.pth" and "win32\win32api.pyd" from ActivePython into "site-packages", then the win32api lib can be used. Why? Were any settings set while installing the ActivePython?

Thanks for your help advanced.

wubulen

Last edited:
Joined
Nov 14, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Okay, I got win32 extension package for python, after install it then can work. But I still don't know where is the reason that above way does not work.