How can I send an e-mail by PasswordRecovery class

Guest

Hi EveryBody:

I use the PasswordRecovery Class to recover the user password, as we know
there is
some setting that must be done to config the mail, I but the following code
into my web config file :

<system.net>
<mailSettings>
<smtp from ="(e-mail address removed)">
<network host="127.0.0.1" port="25" />
</smtp>
</mailSettings>
</system.net>

also the code that I use it in to my application is as followe:

imports System.net.mail

Dim smtpserver As New SmtpClient
smtpserver.Host = "127.0.0.1"
Dim MyMail As MailMessage = New MailMessage()
MyMail.BodyEncoding = Encoding.UTF8
MyMail.IsBodyHtml = True

MyMail.Body = "Dear User your password is: "
smtpserver.Send("(e-mail address removed)", "(e-mail address removed)", "Password
Recovery", MyMail.Body)

But I still did not recive the messge.

Can Some body tell me if there is a problem in my code or any redirection
will be appreciated

regrad's

husam

Mike

do you have SMTP configured on your local web server your using?
Check the 'bad mail' folder on your server and see if you have any files in
there. If so then your email isn't being sent due most likely by not having
your SMTP server configured. Do you have an actualy SMTP server you can test
against instead of 127.0.0.1 (localhost)?