How can i view Debug.Write?

Anthony Jones

Bob Barrows said:
Anthony extolled on the virtues of the debugger (which frankly, I rarely use
for server-side code because it rarely works on my development server,

Do you mean remote debugging? I've never got that to work so you're doing
better than me :)
I've never got T-SQL debugging to work either probably for the same reason.
which
my workplace requires me to use - when I do need to use it, I have to copy
my project to my personal machine, debug it and make corrections to the code
on the development server - very unwieldy, so I mainly use the
response.write approach).

We use a shared development machine only for systems integration testing.
When the source is checked in the shadow folder for the checked in code
forms the root of the testing web site. If things don't go well we fetch
all checked in code to our local machines and reproduce and debug the
problem there.

Michael Kujawa

Mike Brind said:
I was trying to work out if there is any reason I should be looking to
switch from Dreamweaver 8. At the moment there is nothing compelling
in the list you have provided. They are all good features, but DW
offers most of them:
Mike Brind

That sort of sums it up for me as well. I will stick with the most
reliable for me... DW8 and Notepad.

Although I figured I should get cracking at .Net sometime soon.
So I went ahead and purchased VS Studio 2005 Professional
Upgrade. Still quite steep in price but glad owning VFP 9 gave
me a price break.

Mike Kujawa

Mike Brind

Michael said:
That sort of sums it up for me as well. I will stick with the most
reliable for me... DW8 and Notepad.

Although I figured I should get cracking at .Net sometime soon.
So I went ahead and purchased VS Studio 2005 Professional
Upgrade. Still quite steep in price but glad owning VFP 9 gave
me a price break.

Hmmm. I bought VS2003 Developer at just over £1300 (about $4000 at
today's exchange rate, I think :p) for having a crack at dotnet. It's
hardly ever been used. Now they've released v2.0, and are giving IDEs
away.... But at least I'm now making much more use of SQL Server.

Notepad? That only sees the light of day whan I need to strip MS
Office formatting from text prior to posting it in a rich text
editor....

Ian Boyd

VS I suppose maybe be best.
No. you'll find yourself wondering how you ever did without it.

That's what i thought when i convinced the company to get VS2005.

The web programming language plugin for VS2005 is called "Visual Web
Developer". Apparently this replaces FrontPage, but as FrontPage was
removed, so was native support for ASP.

As i read from a lot of upset and frustrated web developers who upgraded to
2005, if you want to develop in ASP, you need to acquire a copy of 2003
instead.

Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP]

As i read from a lot of upset and frustrated web developers who upgraded
to 2005, if you want to develop in ASP, you need to acquire a copy of 2003
instead.

I develop all of my ASP pages in 2005 (File | Open).

Then again, I have little use for frilly wizards and projects and publishing
tools, which is probably where most of the complaints are.

Stefan Berglund

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:17:32 -0400, "Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP]"
in said:
I develop all of my ASP pages in 2005 (File | Open).

Then again, I have little use for frilly wizards and projects and publishing
tools, which is probably where most of the complaints are.

For all the same reasons I use UltraEdit.

Ian Boyd

I develop all of my ASP pages in 2005 (File | Open).
Then again, I have little use for frilly wizards and projects and
publishing tools, which is probably where most of the complaints are.

i was more interested in
1. set breakpoint
2. push play
3. debug