How do I check for a memory leak?

Karl Mitschke

I have an application, consisting of 25 web pages, with associated code files
in C#, and my application pool needs to be recycled way too often.

How can I tell which page is causing the pool to crash, and also, shouldn't
it recycle itself?

I assume the pool is crashed, as after the user clicks submit, they get
ablank page on postback, and when I recycle the pools, the application starts
working again.

IIS is running on two servers, with a NLB, so I also assume that just one
pool could be crashing, but I have no idea how to tell which one it is?

Kar

bruce barker

a recycle is done if a domain crashes. it also recycle if idle too long.
check the vent logs for recycle events. you may have a memory leak or a
connection leak or thread pool leak. check the performance counters for pool
and thread stats. to debug a memory leak you use sos.dll with the win32
debugger.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892277

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)