How Do I Compile C++ Source Code ?

cyberhacker665

I stumbled upon a c++ source code of a programm and it needs to be
compiled by me. I am under win32 and i download the Dev-C++ compiler
from sourceforge.
Tne source code i want to compile is http://www.shorturlsite.com/?r=8m...
but i cant find how to do it. I tried opening the biggest file and
compile that but it didnt work. Please help I really need to comile
this programm...
Thanks in advance

PS: I have absolutely no knowledge of c++ or any other compilable
language ( I can barely handle php)

John Harrison

I stumbled upon a c++ source code of a programm and it needs to be
compiled by me. I am under win32 and i download the Dev-C++ compiler
from sourceforge.
Tne source code i want to compile is http://www.shorturlsite.com/?r=8m...
but i cant find how to do it. I tried opening the biggest file and
compile that but it didnt work. Please help I really need to comile
this programm...
Thanks in advance

PS: I have absolutely no knowledge of c++ or any other compilable
language ( I can barely handle php)

The linked URL in this post appears to contain a virus.

john

John Harrison

John said:
The linked URL in this post appears to contain a virus.

john

OK that might be an over-reaction. My virus checker finds a reference to
the hosts file in the source code contained in the archive (clever AVG).
In other words the URL appears to refer to the source code for a virus,
which the OP wants help compiling.

Script kiddie is the term I think.

john

John Harrison

its not a virus but a botnet source code for local testing on my lan.

Well this group doesn't deal with 'how do I use my compiler?' questions
only with C++ language questions. If I were you I would first try
reading the documentation that comes with the compiler. Secondly I would
try and start small. Start with simple C++ programs before you try the
program you really want to compile. Only move onto that once you're
confident that you understand the basics of Dev C++. But since you don't
know C++ at all, this could be quite a task.

I also think you a playing with fire, since you don't know C++ how
confident are you that you really know what the source code does? There
was plenty of dubious looking stuff in there.

john

cyberhacker665

Well this group doesn't deal with 'how do I use my compiler?' questions
only with C++ language questions. If I were you I would first try
reading the documentation that comes with the compiler. Secondly I would
try and start small. Start with simple C++ programs before you try the
program you really want to compile. Only move onto that once you're
confident that you understand the basics of Dev C++. But since you don't
know C++ at all, this could be quite a task.

I also think you a playing with fire, since you don't know C++ how
confident are you that you really know what the source code does? There
was plenty of dubious looking stuff in there.

john

well it has been given to me from someone i trust...+

red floyd

Seems to me someone named "cyberhacker" should be able to figure it out.
Or else his name is a joke.