How do i generate a tuple from a generator ?

eye zak

Hi,

I have a situation where i want a tuple from a generator/sequence
comprehension.
I am wondering, is this possible ? or is this just a bad idea all together?

class iterator(object):
__slots__ = ('__iters',)

def __init__(self,*args):
assert len(args) != 0
self.__iters = tuple( __builtins__.iter(arg) for arg in args )

def __iter__(self,*args):
return self

def next(self):
return [ i.next() for i in self.__iters ] # HERE I WANT A TUPLE

This can also be accomplished with a generator function, but requires
while True loop. is that better ?

Isaac