  1. Nzyme11

    Nzyme11 Guest

    Installed python 2.7.7 on SLES from source to /opt/python2.7. It's already an installed module on 2.6. How do I get zlib installed on python2.7 as well??

    Nzyme11, Jun 10, 2014

  2. Nzyme11

    dieter Guest

    Usually, an extension module is build automatically during the Python
    generation (from source) when its preconditions are met. This usually means,
    that the relevant development packages are installed. In your case,
    this would mean the "zlib" development package.

    I expect (but did not verify) that a Python rebuild+reinstall
    after the "zlib" development package installation will make
    Python "zlib" module available (in this Python installation).

    dieter, Jun 11, 2014