how good does PyGTK work on windows?

krishnakant Mane

hello,
I will be writing some code in PyGTK to run on linux. but I want to
know if there are any installers or distutils available for PyGTK on
windows?
I have heard that installing gimp or even pygtk is next to impossible
and is very tedious if at all one gets success.
can any one share their experiences with installing and running pygtk on windos?
any links for downloading proper packages will be highly appreciated.
regards,
Krishnakant.

Jarek Zgoda

krishnakant Mane napisa³(a):
I will be writing some code in PyGTK to run on linux. but I want to
know if there are any installers or distutils available for PyGTK on
windows?
I have heard that installing gimp or even pygtk is next to impossible
and is very tedious if at all one gets success.
can any one share their experiences with installing and running pygtk on
windos?
any links for downloading proper packages will be highly appreciated.

There's no problem with installing PyGTK on Windows. While it doesn't
look as pretty as on Linux and some people mention newer versions (2.8
and on) performing bit unstable, I did not realize any instabilities.
Just use package from gladewin32 project, there are separate downloads
with development tools and without. Then just install pycairo, pygobject
and pygtk packages from PyGTK project.