How insert DBNULL for MYSQL table?

Bobby Edward

Latest version of Visual Studio.NET, ASP.NET, MySql, MyDirect.Net
Connector... Using an XSD dataset to access the data and a Business Logic
Layer class to call the queries.

I have a datetime field in a table. Whenever I try to run the INSERT and
leave the datetime blank/null it gives me this error....

System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Date' is not
valid.

How do I get around this? I assume it's a property I can set within the XSD
designer (preferred)...

Guest

Latest version of Visual Studio.NET, ASP.NET, MySql, MyDirect.Net
Connector...  Using an XSD dataset to access the data and a Business Logic
Layer class to call the queries.

I have a datetime field in a table.  Whenever I try to run the INSERT and
leave the datetime blank/null it gives me this error....

System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Date' is not
valid.

How do I get around this?  I assume it's a property I can set within the XSD
designer (preferred)...

In schema:
<xs:element name="element_name" type="xs:date" nillable="true"/>

In document:
<element_name xsi:nil="true"/>

Bobby Edward

But when I pass the date param to the query and the date happens to be "" it
doesn't work even though it's setup to take nulls...