How to access a attributes from the parent class?

Paatsch, Bernd

------_=_NextPart_001_01C62148.964DD45C

I am new to ruby and try to figure out how inheritance works.
I don't get the result I expect. I marked the line of code with "#error".
What do I need to do to get it to work?

class WacFrames
attr_reader :wacFrameNav
attr_reader :wacFrameDisp
def initialize()
@wacFrameNav = "nav"
@wacFrameDisp = "disp"
end
end

class WacSubscribers
attr_reader :fr
attr_reader :frame
def initialize()
@fr = WacFrames.new()
@frame = @fr.wacFrameNav
end
end

class WacSubProfile < WacSubscribers
def initialize()
#some code
end
end
end

another = WacSubscribers.new()
puts another.fr #works fine
puts another.frame #works fine

test = WacSubProfile.new()
puts test.fr #error
puts test.frame #error

Thanks

------_=_NextPart_001_01C62148.964DD45C--

Eero Saynatkari

I am new to ruby and try to figure out how inheritance works.
I don't get the result I expect. I marked the line of code with
"#error".
What do I need to do to get it to work?

<skip WacFrames />

class WacSubscribers
attr_reader :fr
attr_reader :frame
def initialize()
@fr = WacFrames.new()
@frame = @fr.wacFrameNav
end
end

class WacSubProfile < WacSubscribers
def initialize()
#some code
end
end
end

An extra 'end' there but I assume it is just a copy-paste error.
another = WacSubscribers.new()
puts another.fr #works fine
puts another.frame #works fine

test = WacSubProfile.new()
puts test.fr #error
puts test.frame #error

This should work fine (you might have problems if you
do not initialize the parent's instance variables by
calling #super but even still the methods should return
nils).

What error is it that you get?