How to change name of attachment

TomislaW

I am sending word document with e-mail from asp.net 2.0 application.
I read doc file like this:FileStream fs =
System.IO.File.Open(docPath,FileMode.Open,FileAccess.Read,FileShare.Read);
Then create message:
MailMessage message = new MailMessage("(e-mail address removed)", email);
message.Subject = "Subject";
message.Body = "";
ContentType ct = new ContentType("application/vnd.ms-word");
Attachment data = new Attachment(ms,ct);

And I get mail message with attachment name
"c__inetpub_wwwroot_MyAppName_MyFolder_MyDocName.doc"

Is there any way to change this attachment name?

Tomislav

TomislaW

ContentDisposition.FileName should be changed and not Name property of
the Attachment

tomislav

Kevin Spencer

ContentDisposition.FileName should be changed and not Name property of
the Attachment

Sorry, wrong answer. The Name property of the System.Net.Mail.Attachment
class sets the value of the "name" parameter of the Content-Type header for
the Attachment. This is used by the Attachment class to create the header. I
have been running a service that sends emails using the System.Net.Mail
namespace classes for over a year now, and use the Name property of the
Attachment to set the file name. The Attachments are actually created from
strings, not files, and the Name property sets the file name that is sent to
the client.

The following is an excerpt from the header of one of these emails, each of
which includes multiple attachments:

----boundary_30_1d665342-2ec3-494e-9c20-acc8d3b1df7f

--
HTH,