How to check time delay caused by code itself?

Joined
Jul 19, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello!
Recently I have written a testbench to my program.
It should work like this: after rising edge certain input signals change their values and depending on those values I get according bits on output.
In simulation, there is a delay, a couple of clock cycles before I get the answer and I was wondering what causes the delay and how to measure it.

1658308110338.png

Here is the simulation window, clock cycle is 10ns, after first rising edge the program changes input values and should initialize output. Then it waits for about 110ns before it changes the value from ZZZ to bits. Where is this 110ns coming from? I don't have any delays in my program.

Joined
Jul 19, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I solved the delay problem, it looks as though it takes a little time for simulator to run properly, after some delaying in the beginning it starts to work without any delays.