How to control PDF printer

rafalk

Q: How can I control thses Adobe PDF settings with perl?

My question, I suspect, is an extension of what the "Green Devil"
(e-mail address removed) was inquiring above.

I'd like to convert the Excel to pdf by printing to Adobe PDF (I have
Distiller). Like Diavolo, I was beset by the PDF window popping up.
Here's the relevant excerpt from the code:

$Book->PrintOut({
ActivePrinter => "Adobe PDF on Ne01:",
Copies => 1,
Collate => True,
#PrintToFile=> 0,
#OutputFileName => "c:\\PDF_files\\bull5.pdf",
#PrintToFile => 1,
#PrToFileName => 'bull5.pdf'
});

The commented out lines show that I tried all the permutations of
controling thsese attributes to no avail.

Here's how I *partially* solved the problem:

I opened the printer properties and set three attributes like this:

- uncheck "View Adobe PDF result"
- uncheck "Do not send fonts to Adobe PDF"
- specified the "Adobe PDF Output Folder" to what I wanted

It works! However, I'd prefer to be able to control these attributes
dynamically, either from inside the script or even with a separate
pre-processing script.

Q: How can I control thses Adobe PDF settings with perl?

Rafal Konopka

You might try a Google Groups search with "cameron dorey win32::eek:le acrobat"
to see a relevant contribution by Prof. Cameron Dorey.

Thanks, this is exactly what I'm doing. However, it requires manual
setting of PDF printer attributes. I was wondering if anyone used
Perl to set these attributes dynamically.

Rafal