how to control the right of accessing html

jack

i have a task as following:
some body has right to access an html page,some body has
no right,these right information are in database...sounds
simple,get information from database,verify if the user
has that right,then go to that page or not go to.......but
if i programme on server using asp or jsp,at the end ,i
need to use the url where is the place of that html,so
user ALWAYS can input that url directly into the browser
to access that html,that 's the question....anybody can
help me????

Chris Barber

At the top of the page check to see if the user has logged in and created a
'session' (NB: I'm not explicitly referring to ASP sessions here). If not
then just redirect back to the login page.
Store a cookie in the client browser and allow the user to decide if they
want to aloow the cookie to be used for 'auto' authentication (eg. store a
unique id that identifies the user in the cookie). Beware that the browser
may be used by more than one user so this could alllow unwanted access to
the page (similar to Amazon auto detect if a user returns to the site).

Chris.