how to create a virtual printer

kalopsik

Hi,

Does anybody know how to create a virtual
printer with python (on both windows and linux)?

thnx.

D.

Adam Tauno Williams

Hi,

Does anybody know how to create a virtual
printer with python (on both windows and linux)?

I don't. Not on Windows anyway. There is no single mechanism that will
work for both.

On LINUX this is trivial - define a printer that delivers its output to
a script. For example, we have a variety of queues that perform an HTTP
PUT to our workflow solution.

The simplest mechanism on Windows is to create a queue that prints [via
Samba] to a queue on a LINUX host. Set the driver to produce generic
Postscript and the document will be fairly simple to process on the
LINUX host.

Michel Claveau - MVP

Hi!

On windows, install a "Generic" printer, on "FILE:" port.

@-salutations