How to create stuffit files on Linux?

Noah

I need to create Stuffit (.sit) files on Linux.
Does anyone have any ideas for how to do this?
I checked the Python docs and on SourceForge, but
I didn't see any open source stuffit compatible libraries.
Are my Mac users out of luck?

Yours,
Noah

Noah

The problem is that my users want to see .sit files.
I know it's sort of silly. Zip files are foreign and frightening to
them.
I mentioned zip files, but they didn't want to deal with them.

Is there a native OS X archive or package format?
Obviously it must have tar and gzip installed, but I wonder
how a *.tgz file would appear on the desktop or how the
GUI would handle it.

Yours,
Noah

James Stroud

Your users are, what me might call, "ignorant luddites".

The built in 'File->Create Archive' command produces a zip file in OSX. I
propose that zip is indeed the native compressed format. Perhaps you should
install OS 7.5 on their machines (c. 1993) to make them feel more
comfortable.

James

Leif K-Brooks

Noah said:
The problem is that my users want to see .sit files.
I know it's sort of silly. Zip files are foreign and frightening to
them.

Would Stuffit open zip files renamed to .sit?