How to debug a multithreaded windowsNT servvice with Boa Constructor

Gijs Korremans

Hi,

I'm trying to debug a multithreaded windowsNT service with Boa Constructor but it's not working.
I don't know how to debug a service (there's nothing on the internet about that) so I've made an extra module espacially for the debugger which starts all my threads. (if anyone knows how to debug a service, you're welcome to tell me)

This module is working fine and I can debug it but when I want to debug the threads it's not working.
I used a code similar like this one:
import ThreadOne
FirstThread = ThreadOne.ThreadOne()
FirstThread.start()
On the second line, I can walk through the __init__ with the debugger but after that the debugger is not working anymore: The debuggerwindow sais ready instaid of running but the thread is still updating the logfile which means it's still running.
I've used both hard (if hassattr(sys, 'breakpoint'): sys.breakpoint() ) and soft (the red dots) breakpoints

I'm currently using 5 threads but I've tried a test app with only 1 thread and I had the same problem.

I'm using Boa 0.4.0 with python 2.3 and wxPython 2.5.5

Kind regards,

Gijs