How to debug a usercontrol in asp.net

androoo

Hi

I have created a simple usercontrol in vb.net, compiled and tested it
in another vb.net project and all fine.

I include the dll (not in the bin directory) to the asp.net project
I include the object tag to the page, i can see the ctrl at runtime, so
all good.

Yet it doesnt run or fire any events.

Any obvious thing im doing wrong ? (Im new to user controls)

Second question is how do i debug a user control in an asp.net page ? I
googled this but couldnt see anything...

Guest

Once coman assembly is compiled, you can no longer source code debug. The
only option still available is debugging the executable, which means poking
through the IL. This is probably not what you desire.

If you want source code debugging, set the compiled project into your
solution and link with aproject reference.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!