How to display CallerID in HyperTerminal?

dinh1410

I've read many material and all your direction in this forum, but
still can't capture the caller id.
I use SmartLink 56TS V.90 & X2, and my phone line is caller id enable
(when people call me, I can see the caller's phone number in m
telephone's screen). I put my phone line into the LINE hub of my mode
and test with HyperTerminal. Here is the AT command and the result:
AT
OK
ATZ
OK
AT#CID=1
OK

then, I used my mobile to call the modem, but it only showed:
RING
RING
RING

without callerID.

I don't know why? Anyone who has experience please help me, thanks
lo

-
dinh141

Gabriel Magaña

The exact command to get the caller ID string will be modem-dependant. Look
in your modem's manual for the exact AT command to send to the modem.

If you want to build a generic solution that works for all modems, you are
better off using the TAPI functions built into Windows so that Windows does
all of the AT commands that are correct for whatever modem the user has
plugged in.