How to encrypt a conn string in web.config?

slycat

The line in web.config looks like this:

<appSettings>
<add key="abc" value="Data Source=SQLSERVER3;Initial
Catalog=Venues;Persist Security Info=True;User
ID=sqluser123;password=sqluser123pass" />
</appSettings>

As you can see the username and pass are in the web.config in plain
text...how can i excrypt it? It is a w2000 server and using dotnet 1.1.

I've looked at:
and
http://www.devx.com/security/Article/20898/0/page/4

but how do i invoke it? I ran the aspnet_setreg with the user and pass
above...and set the proper permissions in registry but how to set up
that line above now? What do i substitute it with?...or modify it to
what?

Thanks in advance.