how to ensure window.onload fires when browser waits for mising elements???

sonic

Hi,
I have some code attached to window.onload event and if there is a
missing flash file on the page for example, the browser (MSIE in my
case) displays "1 item(s) remaining" message, and since the page is not
finished loading, the onload event never fires.

Is there a way to make the browser treat missing links as broken, and
still fire window.onload ? or any other method to ensure that event
fires every time when html rendering is done ?

TIA

Randy Webb

sonic said:
Hi,
I have some code attached to window.onload event and if there is a
missing flash file on the page for example, the browser (MSIE in my
case) displays "1 item(s) remaining" message, and since the page is not
finished loading, the onload event never fires.

Is there a way to make the browser treat missing links as broken, and
still fire window.onload ? or any other method to ensure that event
fires every time when html rendering is done ?

onerror
onabort

sonic

none of those events fire.
The browser never stops loading.
using following logic: <object ...> <pram name=movie
value="/blah/badLink.swf"...></object>