How to find a jar in dir tree which contains a special class/package aaa.bbb.ccc

Jason Stacy

Assume I have a class

aaa.bbb.ccc.SomeClass

or whole import package

aaa.bbb.ccc

The compiler shows a "NoClassFound" error.
So I have to add another jar to my CLASSPATH.

However I don't know the exact jar which must be added.

How can I search a whole directory (which contains approx 30-40 jars) for the appropriate
jar which contains the class resp. package ?

Of cause I don't want to open every single jar and to step down inside the archive manually.

I want a one-line command line command which does the job for me.

J.