how to find Browser support of xml files in IE

balakrishnan.dinesh

hi frnds

I need to know that, how to find IE browser supports the xml file .
Is there any code to find that support or is there any other to find ,
Im asking about IE browsers alone..

Waiting for ur Quick Reply

Rgrds..
Dinesh...

Martin Honnen

I need to know that, how to find IE browser supports the xml file .
Is there any code to find that support or is there any other to find ,
Im asking about IE browsers alone..

There are a couple of ways IE can support loading XML as data. First
there are XML data islands. Then you can use MSXML as ActiveX objects.
Then with IE 7 there is support for XMLHttpRequest as a host object in
IE. What exactly do you want to check for?
With script and try/catch you can try to instantiate MSXML ActiveX
objects e.g.
try {
var xmlDocument = new ActiveXObject('Msxml2.DOMDocument.3.0')
}
catch (e) {
// deal here with the case that MSXML 3.0 is not available as
// ActiveX
}