How to handle resize for the browser

Tony Johansson

Hello!

When using windows forms there is an event called Resize that is raised when
the windows is resized is
there any similar when using web.
I mean when I change the size of the browser I don't want it to be too small
if I have used absolute position for some control.

I'm just curious because it would be great if there was one.

Any way I think it's better to let the control float.
//Tony

Brian Cryer

Tony Johansson said:
Hello!

When using windows forms there is an event called Resize that is raised
when the windows is resized is
there any similar when using web.
I mean when I change the size of the browser I don't want it to be too
small if I have used absolute position for some control.

I'm just curious because it would be great if there was one.

In JavaScript you can set up a call-back for when the window is resized.
You'll have to google it.
Any way I think it's better to let the control float.

YES. Always design your page to allow for the user resizing it.

Chris

In JavaScript you can set up a call-back for when the window is resized.
You'll have to google it.

YES. Always design your page to allow for the user resizing it.

You'd be better of using relative positions for your controls, as well
as percentage widths and heights.