How to host a Dockerized TURN server on DreamHost?

Joined
Mar 22, 2023
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Okay so I am creating a website that uses WebRTC technology.
--I believe I will need to have my main website+webserver on DreamHost server A.

--And I will need to have my dockerized COTURN server on DreamHost server B.

Correct? Am I warm? And I will need to use the "DreamCompute" service for the latter one (COTURN).

Right? Am I warmer?

After I do that, how do I make my website on DreamHost server A communicate to the COTURN server on DreamHost server B?

Joined
Mar 31, 2023
Messages
95
Reaction score
8
To make your website on DreamHost server A communicate with the COTURN server on DreamHost server B, you will need to configure your WebRTC application to use the COTURN server as a STUN/TURN server. STUN (Session Traversal Utilities for NAT) and TURN (Traversal Using Relays around NAT) are protocols used to facilitate communication between WebRTC clients when they are behind restrictive NAT/firewall environments.

To configure your WebRTC application to use the COTURN server, you will need to specify the COTURN server's IP address and port number as the STUN/TURN server in your WebRTC code. Here's an example code snippet in JavaScript:
CSS:
var configuration = {
  iceServers: [
    {
      urls: "turn:<COTURN_server_IP_address>:<COTURN_server_port>",
      username: "<COTURN_username>",
      credential: "<COTURN_password>"
    }
  ]
};

var pc = new RTCPeerConnection(configuration);
Replace <COTURN_server_IP_address> and <COTURN_server_port> with the IP address and port number of your COTURN server, and <COTURN_username> and <COTURN_password> with your COTURN server's authentication credentials.

Once you have configured your WebRTC application to use the COTURN server, your website on DreamHost server A should be able to communicate with the COTURN server on DreamHost server B.

Joined
Nov 23, 2023
Messages
34
Reaction score
1
Okay so I am creating a website that uses WebRTC technology.
--I believe I will need to have my main website+webserver on DreamHost server A.

--And I will need to have my dockerized COTURN server on DreamHost server B.

Correct? Am I warm? And I will need to use the "DreamCompute" service for the latter one (COTURN).

Right? Am I warmer?

After I do that, how do I make my website on DreamHost server A communicate to the COTURN server on DreamHost server B?
Dockerized COTURN Server on DreamHost Server B: Correct. COTURN benefits from containerization, and DreamCompute is a suitable service for running Docker containers.