How to host live chat?

felipao

I'm developing a website for a community. I'd like to host now and the
a special event chat, where we'd have a special guest who we'
interview. Of course, we don't want everybody to talk at the same time
therefore have an option to mute everybody except the selecte
interviewers and the special guest.

Any clues as to how I could have this kind of chat on my site? I'v
searched and come across many chat programs for websites, but none o
them had this option to mute a certain group of users.

I thought about doing it irc then, but have not really a clue how t
program the irc into my site, so that visitors would not have to worr
about the complicated functions.

Any insight, suggestion or help will be greatly appreciated.

/felipa

-
felipa

Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc.

felipao said:
I'm developing a website for a community. I'd like to host now and then
a special event chat, where we'd have a special guest who we'd
interview. Of course, we don't want everybody to talk at the same time,
therefore have an option to mute everybody except the selected
interviewers and the special guest.

Any clues as to how I could have this kind of chat on my site? I've
searched and come across many chat programs for websites, but none of
them had this option to mute a certain group of users.

I thought about doing it irc then, but have not really a clue how to
program the irc into my site, so that visitors would not have to worry
about the complicated functions.

Check with your host. Most hosts don't allow IRC based chatrooms. However,
if you are using a Cpanel host, you probably have a copy/paste chatroom
script available for your use. Ask your host.

--Tina