How to host live chat?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by felipao, Aug 18, 2004.

  1. felipao

    felipao Guest

    I'm developing a website for a community. I'd like to host now and the
    a special event chat, where we'd have a special guest who we'
    interview. Of course, we don't want everybody to talk at the same time
    therefore have an option to mute everybody except the selecte
    interviewers and the special guest.

    Any clues as to how I could have this kind of chat on my site? I'v
    searched and come across many chat programs for websites, but none o
    them had this option to mute a certain group of users.

    I thought about doing it irc then, but have not really a clue how t
    program the irc into my site, so that visitors would not have to worr
    about the complicated functions.

    Any insight, suggestion or help will be greatly appreciated.

    /felipa

    -
    felipa

    felipao, Aug 18, 2004

  2. Check with your host. Most hosts don't allow IRC based chatrooms. However,
    if you are using a Cpanel host, you probably have a copy/paste chatroom
    script available for your use. Ask your host.

    --Tina

    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Aug 18, 2004

  3. felipao

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Print out some invitations. Post them. Wait a couple of days. Prepare a
    big pot of coffee. Get the hob nobs out of the cupboard. Wait for the door
    bell to ring. Let in the guests. Have a nice chat. Avoid religion and
    politics.
    Yuk.

    Toby Inkster, Aug 18, 2004
  4. While the city slept, Toby Inkster ()
    feverishly typed...
    Chocolate hob nobs??

    Cheers,
    Nige