How to install sqlite3 in linux?

Zhao Yi

I used this command to install sqlite3:
gem install -p http://3.36.140.1 sqlite3-ruby

but got this error:
make: *** No rule to make target `ruby.h', needed by
`sqlite3_api_wrap.o'. Stop.

Gem files will remain installed in
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.4 for inspection.
Results logged to
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.4/ext/sqlite3_api/gem_make.out

How can I install sqlite3 in Linux?

Eddie Catflap

Hi

You're probably missing the ruby development libraries I think.

On fedora for example you'd need to install the ruby-devel package

(sudo yum install ruby-devel).

The package may be differently named depending on which distro you're using.

Cheers

Eddie_Catflap

Florian Gilcher

Zhao Yi

I installed ruby-1.8.1 in Linux 2.6.9-1. I built the ruby by the
following steps:

/configure
make
make install