How to make a virtual webservice provider

bennynews

Hi

I want to create a servlet or something similar, that can act as a
provider for virtual webservices.
I want to save the description of each 'service' in a database instead
of in wsdl files and i want she servlet to dynamically act as a
webservice that dynamically creates SOAP responds, exact as if the
request ware made to a real normal static webservice.

If a request for a wsdl file is made, then the servlet should build
the file, according to the settings in my database and return the wsdl
file.
If a request for some method is done, then the servlet should build a
SOAP response according to the request.

Is this possible by using the servlet class or do i need to make my
own webserver and build all http requests by myself?

Are there some classes outthere, that can be uses for this kind of
solution?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards, Benny

Lew

[...]

Doesn't that rather defeat the purpose of WSDLs?

Mike Schilling

Hi

I want to create a servlet or something similar, that can act as a
provider for virtual webservices.
I want to save the description of each 'service' in a database instead
of in wsdl files and i want she servlet to dynamically act as a
webservice that dynamically creates SOAP responds, exact as if the
request ware made to a real normal static webservice.

If a request for a wsdl file is made, then the servlet should build
the file, according to the settings in my database and return the wsdl
file.
If a request for some method is done, then the servlet should build a
SOAP response according to the request.

Is this possible by using the servlet class or do i need to make my
own webserver and build all http requests by myself?

All of this can be built on top of HttpServlet. I suggest you download the
latest versions of Axis and Tomcat, and start by building and deploying some
simple web services to see how they behave and how they're implemented. You
won't need to build the requests yourself, as many toolkits (including Axis)
can generate clients that build requests based on the WSDL definitions.

One thing I'm not clear on is how often the definitions in your database
will change. One weaknes of web services is that there's no definition of a
lifecycle for service definitions. If I build a client based on the WSDL
for a service, and the next day that definition changes, my client might
fail with no good indication of what the problem was.