How to make PyDev pep8 friendly?

Ali Zandi

Hi,

I was trying to find a way to configure PyDev e.g. in Eclipse to be
pep8 friendly.

There are a few configurations like right trim lines, use space after
commas, use space before and after operators, add new line at the end
of file which can be configured via Eclipse -> Window -> Preferences -
PyDev -> Editor -> Code Style -> Code Formatter. But these are not
enough; for example I couldn't find a way to configure double line
spacing between function definitions.

So is there any way to configure eclipse or PyDev to apply pep8 rules
e.g. on each save?

Thanks,

Fabio Zadrozny

Hi,

I was trying to find a way to configure PyDev e.g. in Eclipse to be
pep8 friendly.

There are a few configurations like right trim lines, use space after
commas, use space before and after operators, add new line at the end
of file which can be configured via Eclipse -> Window -> Preferences -
enough; for example I couldn't find a way to configure double line
spacing between function definitions.

So is there any way to configure eclipse or PyDev to apply pep8 rules
e.g. on each save?

While this is known, there are still no dates on when this will
actually be implemented...

On the other way, I'd love to accept patches for that... it could even
be done in Python (actually Jython 2.2.1) -- which is also the way
that pep8.py was integrated.

Cheers,

Fabio