    uploaded to a remote machine and how a file can opened for reading
    from a remote machine
    It would be higly useful for me

    bharath, Dec 13, 2004

  2. That depends entirely on the remote machine, or rather on the protocol
    you want to / can use for uploading and reading the file. SMB? HTTP?
    FTP? NFS?

    Michael Borgwardt, Dec 13, 2004

  3. bharath

    gpl Guest

    gpl, Dec 15, 2004
  4. On Windows you can simply open a remote file by specifying the full
    pathname, e.g. \\Hostname\remote path\filename.ext.
    Paul.

    Paul van Rossem, Dec 15, 2004