How to pass username in the login control to next page?

kai

Hi, All
I have VB 2005, I use login control to logn in, after log in, I go to
another page. I want to use the login username in another, how to use
session varible to pass the username?

I use the following code, but I cannot login:

Protected Sub Login1_Authenticate1(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.Web.UI.WebControls.AuthenticateEventArgs)

Session("username") = Login1.UserName

End Sub

Please help
Thanks
Kai

Mark Fitzpatrick

After a user is logged in they should be authenticated. This means you would
access their username through their authentication typically. Try using
Page.User.Identity.Name

kai

Thanks Mark.

Kai