    data. Is there a way to simply post the page on the server side after
    embedding the encrypted info but adjust some field(s) so that it appears as
    if it came directly from the user (client). Thanks in advance.

    Larry Smith, Jan 16, 2009

  2. Hi Larry,

    take a look here http://www.developer.com/net/asp/article.php/3645506

    Hope this helps

    Alexey Smirnov, Jan 16, 2009

  3. Larry Smith

    Larry Smith Guest

    Hi Larry,
    I'll take a look but I'm not sure if it gives me what I really need (on
    first glance). It appears helpful though so I'll dig into it. It might lead
    me to what I'm after. Thanks.

    Larry Smith, Jan 16, 2009
  4. What, you want to spoof the IP address too? Are you trying to get around
    some security measure?

    Andrew

    Andrew Morton, Jan 21, 2009
  5. Larry Smith

    Larry Smith Guest

    I have a page with a button on it and when the user clicks the button
    Not exactly. The process of returning the page to the client only to run a
    script that immediately posts the page to its intended target is a wasted
    round trip and mechanically clumsy. It also causes a page refresh on the
    client side which is visually confusing. There's a slight delay when the
    user clicks the button and a moment later their page refreshes with my
    encrypted info now embedded (scrolling them back to the top of the page).
    The page then immediately disappears as the user is directed to the target
    URL that my script is sending them to. Hardly a model design.

    Larry Smith, Jan 21, 2009