how to refer to a registered assembly located in GAC

Support

Hello:
I registered Webvalidator.dll in the web server's GAC
I am developing an asp.net web application that want to make use of the
webvalidator.dll
in vb.net - how do I refer to it ?
Thanks

Support

so, are you saying since my development platform is not the webserver, I
would Add a registry key like the one below pointing to where the assembly
resides.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\AssemblyFolders\[FolderName]@="\\webservername\c$\WINDOWS\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\[FolderName]"

would the unc work ?
Thanks