Python: win32com: library not registered

Discussion in 'Python' started by WOL, Jan 18, 2018.

  1. WOL

    WOL

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2018
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I am using win32com in python to access a native C++ COM dll.

    I registered my COM component (SysWOW64/regsvr32 my.dll) and called makepy.py -i. In .py-code, I got the module and an instance from the class I need.

    Now when calling a method from this object I get an error in the auto-generated file from makepy:
    My function got enumerated, and in the generated file, there is the following statement:

    def MyFunction(self):
    'method MyFunction'
    return self._oleobj_.InvokeTypes(14, LCID, 1, (24, 0), (),)

    So this is calling the actual COM method. But it fails:

    pywintypes.com_error: (-2147319779, 'Library not registered.', None, None)

    Do I need an additional registration?
    combrowse.py shows my object and the windows registry is okay.

    How should my dll be registered to be called by invoke?

    WOL, Jan 18, 2018